School Board Responsibilities
- Ensure all children receive a quality education.
- Communicate, inform, and involve parents, staff, and community in board decisions and activities.
- Adopt annual budget.
- Set goals and priorities for the jurisdiction.
- Setting policies regarding actions of administrators, teachers, and students.
- Lobbying municipal and provincial governments on educational issues.
- Policy/decision appeals.
- Hire and evaluate the superintendent.
- Develop contracts and agreements with employees.
- Final authority at the local level on matter relating to school operation.
(Source: City of Lethbridge)